12 experts share their best tips for creating content that audiences will love

Content that is not connected is like a blank screen of text. So how do you create content that connects with your customers? That's the billion dollar question. The Content Marketing Institute reached out to 12 content marketers and asked for their #1 tip for creating content their audience will love.

To not waste another minute, let's take a look at the interesting sharing of experts!

12 experts share their best tips for creating content that audiences will love
12 experts share their best tips for creating content that audiences will love

Producing content based on traffic, social shares or email subscriptions will achieve your goals - Aaron Orendorff, iconiContent.

Know your goals clearly. Marketers often have a certain picture of their audience and engagement when it comes to their traffic, social shares, and email subscription lists.

What you have to know is how to make money. Instead of asking, “How do I create content that my audience will love?”, ask: “How do I create content to drive traffic, social shares, and email signups with the right headlines? out?"

You need to understand your potential audience on social media and you need to understand what to do to get engagement and engagement and what not to do - Rand Fishkin, Moz

Writing (content) is only 20%, the other 80% is how you drive consumers - Talia Wolf, GetUpLift

  • Content: Write down what the reader really needs. Why should they read your content instead of your competitors'? What will you come up with that is new and different?
  • Influencers: Next, map out the influencers who will be interested in this article. You can collect quotes from them, mention them or simply add them to the list of people you will tweet or email when the post is ready. The more personal you are with them, the more likely they are to share the article.
  • Media: Make a list of websites and publishers that will be interested in your article. Many publishers see the article and they find the content interesting or offers more. Reach out to them and let them know you're writing a specific article that may be of interest to them.
  • Advertising (Promotion): Writing content is only 20% of the job. The other 80% is how you drive the consumer. Don't just rely on sharing it a few times on Facebook and Instagram. Have a list of all the sites, communities, and platforms that you will have to promote.

The more you help your readers with what they care about, the more likely they are to return to your site - Sue Anne Dunlevie, Successful Blogging


The biggest mistake I see many writers make is creating content that focuses on you, not the customer. I hate to share this but the truth is: your readers don't care about you! They care about solving their problems. The more you help your readers with what they care about, the more they will come back, read your posts, and become loyal readers.

Interact with your readers by having a real conversation - Tor Refsland, TorRefsland.com


It all starts with your audience research. What is their difficulty? And more importantly, how can your content help them?

The key is to interact with your readers and actually have a conversation with them. This can be done in the comments section of your blog (or a blog with the same target audience), by emailing them or through social media.

Ask your readers about their needs and wants - Sujan Patel, Web Profits


You can validate your content ideas in Facebook groups, Quora questions, or even just by emailing people interested in your new blog content.

One of my favorite approaches to validating my content ideas is with an onsite survey conducted with Qualaroo. I put a quick, one-question survey on a Facebook group that said something like: I'm building a new blog post. Which of the following topics interests you the most?

One of the best ways to create content your audience wants is to ask them - Jason Quey, The Storyteller Marketer


One of the best ways to create content your audience wants is to ask them. Here are a few questions you can ask your buyers:

  • How would you introduce yourself? (e.g. I'm a 30-year-old male VP of marketing at GEICO who loves cars and poker.)
  • Do you visit other websites often? Please tell me the name.
  • What interests you when joining my site?

You now have qualitative data to give your audience more of what they want from you.


Write down common questions people ask in your niche and search for sample texts for content ideas - Jon Morrow, Smart Blogger

Read comments on popular blogs in your market. Listen to what people are saying on Twitter/Facebook etc. Attend Q&A calls and webinars that other agencies are hosting and write down the questions people ask.

And then look for patterns. Almost always, you will find a question or two that everyone asks over and over and never seems to stop. That's what you need to write about.

Start by creating personas for your different audiences - Jordan Kasteler, JordanKasteler.com


Before you write anything, you should start by creating personas (a list of interests, needs, personality, demographics, income, and consumer behaviors) for target groups. your different. For example, you might have both B2C and B2B audience segments visiting your website. If you create personas, by outlining the different needs and characteristics of each segment, you can create content around providing solutions and meeting needs for these people.

Ensuring that you have content that meets all their needs and purposes, throughout the funnel transition, will ensure you create the right content for the right audience at the right time of the journey .

Don't write for SEO. Don't write for everyone. Write for a specific audience - Gina Horkey, Horkey Handbook


My best tip is to know who you're talking to. Write to a very specific person. Is that person male or female? How old is that person What does he or she do for a living? What hobbies does that person have? etc

If you try to write for everyone, you will actually write for no one.


There's an extra feedback button to constantly ask your audience the questions they want answered. - Greg Elfrink, Empire Flippers

There's an extra feedback button to constantly ask your audience what they want to see or what questions they want answered. You can also use this method to quiz them on what kind of content they love the most when it comes to your niche. You might be surprised that a large portion of your audience enjoys infographics or maybe even audio cues for you to do podscasts.

Focus on a small audience to give your audience the best possible content. - Zac Johnson, ZacJohnson.com


I always advise people or brands to focus on a really small and specific market audience.

A great example of this can be seen with sports. The sport topic itself is too general. However, if you do this repeatedly and focus on something like basketball training, you can attract a specific audience with valuable content.

Google Tech News - Writerslife

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post